INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Giving Thanks for my family

I can't give thanks enough for the people in my life, the most important ones being my husband, our children, my parents and my in-laws.

My husband Lucien- who works tirelessly and then comes home to work some more with his children and help them with their advanced math homework. Helps me put up curtain rods, paint walls and do home improvement projects and doesn't complain about it. He's come with me to fabric stores and gives me an honest opinion on colors and patterns when it comes to picking out fabric for window treatments. He works on our cars and makes sure that they are in tip top shape. He watches out for us and is there to give us encouragement.

Andrew- our son is 15 and driving (he started driving 14). He has shown such a mature attitude with that responsibility. He takes driving seriously. He knows my views on it- that it's a privilege not a right. He's grown so much in maturity since being involved in the AFJROTC program at his high school. He's involved in many after school programs with AFJROTC, color guard, drill team, Kitty Hawk Society, Rocket Club, and is active in the Staff. He has maintained got a solid A-B average in school for the past 2 years and is taking advanced classes! I'm so proud of the work he has done and his ever growing self confidence and of his community involvement.

Hannah-our daughter might look a great deal like her mother but trust me when I say she's her Daddy's girl!. She has the advanced skills in mathematics like her father (that's a good thing) the love of science like her mother and the creativity of both of her parents. Her head is always in books, be it math related, crossword puzzles or other kinds of brain teasers. She's very gifted with computer stuff but she also is always wanting to create something with her hands-be it a scrapbook layout, sewing project or paper crafts of some sort. She's wanting to be in the kitchen more, creating yummy things with her own hands. Some of her favorite things to make are smoothies (she loves to use the blender) and to bake brownies.

My Mom Maria- who has always given of herself, sacrificed things to give us (my sisters and myself) what we needed. It's through her selflessness and dedication to family that I am who I am today. She has been through so much in her lifetime and now to have to deal with her life partner having Parkinson's and Alzheimer's is heart breaking.

My Pop Bill- his honesty, devotion to friends and family and his work ethics are the basis of who I am. His character is beyond reproach. Any time anyone was in need he was there for them. It's a shame that he is now so ill. The Parkinson's and Alzheimer's has taken it's toll on him physically and well as mentally. I prefer to remember his when he was younger and so full of life-climbing big fir trees and cutting out the top of the tree for us to have a Christmas Tree. He would tell us that doing this doesn't kill the tree, unlike when you cut down a small tree. I can't begin to tell you how many times we had Christmas Trees that had old birds nests in them, LOL!

My Father-in-law Dave- in his retirement he has this garden that rivals a small farm. He grows fruits and vegetables, donates the bulk of the garden delights to family, friends and the local food bank. He's very active in his parish and still teaches religious eduction to young adults.

My Mother-in-law Bette- They say that there's a special place in heaven for the mothers of boys. She has 4 sons and from that she also has 2 daughters-in-law and 4 grandchildren. She and her husband has come to visit us at every place we have lived. She retired back in August and we took advantage of her new status in September. She was able to help us out when Lucien has his eye surgery and needed to be in Colorado for 10 days (pre-surgery and post surgery appointments). She loves her boys with all her heart and took great pride in being able to help out her eldest son. I know that it's because of her that her son's have such giving hearts.

I've been graced by the Lord with all of these people and I am ever thankful!

No comments: