INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, December 22, 2007

After the Storm


The wind and snow certainly were something else yesterday. I feel sorry for my new neighbors- they recently had some contractors install a beautiful large hot tub and a really nice redwood gazebo around it (it was really beautiful) but alas the wind has seriously damaged it. I'm going to try to get some pictures of the wind damage in the neighborhood today. And to think that we didn't sustain any of the really high wind gusts that this area is capable of out here. This damage was done with 35-40 mph gusts. We've had gusts into the 80 and 90 mph range, I know, because that is what ripped off the heavy storm door from it's hinges on our little house on base- twice. That was something scary! And of course each time that happened my husband had to be TDy somewhere. But housing maintenance was only a phone call away and was there to help in an emergency. But now that we're home owners (again), well we're pretty much on our own. But you know the saying..."I get by with a little help from my friends" and I hope that my neighborhood will turn into a nice helpful community- one that is willing to lend a helping hand when someone in their community needs them.

No comments: