INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday already?

This week has gone by rather more quickly than I had anticipated. I've still got to get my Christmas cards in the mail...yes you read that right I haven;t sent out our Christmas Cards. Okay I sent out some, but the ones that require a news letter are still here perched on my desk waiting for me to write the newsletter...ugh! I'm not a procrastinator, but this has become something that I dread doing. So today I've got to make myself sit down and just write up the dog gone thing and get these cards in the mail by Monday!

Tomorrow we are going to a wedding! I look forward to attending this wedding and the reception that follows. I went to one of the two stores where the couple are registered, even printed out the list of what they were registered for....oh what a long list and the descriptions (it was much like trying to decipher some sort of ancient runes). Well lets just say that between the long lines and the lack of sales people available to help you on this treasure hunt- well I ended up getting the couple a gift card. I refuse to wrap up pots and pans and give them as a wedding gift (unless I know them VERY well). So a gift card is in order here, now they can shop together and buy what ever it is they need/want and I didn't have to stand in a hairy long line.

My reorganizing project is moving along slowly. I had to go out yesterday and purchase a wedding gift, buy some outdoor lights for my husband, buy food (we were out of so many items) and then get home and put everything away. Aah, the life of a SAHM, okay so I'm not at home all that much but in the essence of SAHM's I don't get paid for what I do. Hannah has agreed to go into the under the stairs storage area to retrieve (and put away) the boxes that I need today. I shall reward her with a special treat- chicken Caesar Salad for lunch (that will make her squeal with delight).

Our neighbors had their contractor taken down their broken gazebo yesterday. I do have pictures of it blown apart from the wind. I felt rather badly for them when I first saw the damage, and I know that is was a costly thing to have put up only to have the weather tear it apart within days of going up.

Now for me to get on with business at hand...packing away Christmas.

No comments: