INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 03, 2007

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas

I love getting the house ready for Christmas. And this will be our first Christmas in this house. Every house we've ever lived in has been different from the last- this house is no exception. So decorating the outside of our homes (and the inside) is a wee bit of a challenge. And of course now that we have a little bit of snow and the temperature is below freezing, that too poses a bit of a challenge.

Hannah and Lucien and my driving force...they got the trees out of their boxes and out them together for me. They brought up the boxes with the Christmas decorations and got to work on getting the house strung with lights and garlands. The entire foyer is filled with Christmas stuff- it's spread out all over the place. The formal dining room has even more boxes strewn about, believe it or not it makes me smile.

We have two Christmas trees, the one upstairs is the main Christmas tree it's large and fluffy like a Christmas tree should be and all sorts of ornaments go on it. Downstairs is the skinny Charlie Brown Christmas type Christmas Tree, only snowflakes and snowmen go on it. I had always wanted to do a themed Christmas tree so I did one last year for the first time and loved it! So now it's going to be a family tradition- 2 Christmas trees with maybe one or two little ones elsewhere in the house. I have a very small tree for my scrapbook nook, with little ornaments and even a little tree skirt and a star for the top. I even have a little present or two to put underneath of that little tree :-)

I'm feeling better this morning and my voice has come back some (haven't really been able to talk for about 2 days). I still have to take medication and have bypassed the Sudafed PE and went right to a prescription. Some times you need to get the heavy duty medication to help you get over a cold and this is one of those times. I can't afford to be sick any longer, I've got 1001 things to do this week. First one being the Farewell Luncheon for my husband. He's being fare-welled from the Mission Support Group (MSG) today. I loved being part of the Mission Support Group spouses, they're a wonderful tight knit group who are really there for one another. The ladies that make up that group have become very dear friends and I will cherish them always. And just because I'm at another group does not mean that I leave my friends behind, it just the contrary. Besides...one can never really have too many friends can they? I already know everyone in our new assignment (which by the way was the group we left for MSG). So now we're over at Base Ops. Which by the way means I have many more cheesecakes to bake for these office parties coming up.

No comments: