INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, December 28, 2007

Cleaning house...day 2

Why is it that when purging a room of things that belong in other rooms that I get distracted? So how am I being distracted? Say I take a laundry basket full of items that belong in the family room, once I'm in there to drop things off I just can't "drop them off", I start going through that room and try to straighten it up before I get called to another room to straighten it up. It's a terrible affliction. Why can't it all work at once? Moving room by room has never worked well for me, it's one of those odd little quirks that make me - me. It's kind of like moving into a house, how you're surrounded by total chaos and cardboard boxes then in the blink of an eye every little thing is in it's place. That's kind of how I work. I have to pull it all out and sort it, that's the only way to go. It also gives you a good idea of what you have and what you're willing to get rid of. So far I've managed to get together 3 bags of items that will either be donated or going in for consignment at the base thrift shop. Even Hannah has gotten into it, she's brought me oodles of items from her closet that no longer fit that were just taking up valuable closet space. What a good girl she is to go through her closet without being told. Now if I could only pry Andrew away from his new video game long enough to do something like that...yup that would take a miracle, LOL!

Now for some more coffee and to once again get to the business of clearing out Christmas and getting my home organized and ready to greet the new year.




No comments: