INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 31, 2007

My last blog entry for 2007

Here I am, warm and cozy in my home with my husband, children and our faithful cat.  Nothing out of the ordinary going on for us.  The wind is howling something fierce making it bitterly cold for man and beast.  There's no New Years Eve party with friends this year, just taking it easy here at home watching a movie eating pop corn and drinking hot tea.
As for what I did today...
Many of us volunteered our time at the Thrift Shop today and everyones help made a huge difference!  Amber was there with her kids in tow pulling all of the items that needed to get marked out of stock, Kim was there with kids in tow getting consignments put into the computer, Gail made such a huge difference clearing off the counter tops and work areas (they are so well organizied).  I brough Hannah who in turn helped scan ALL of the markdown tickets freeing me up to run back and forth between the front and back end of the store putting things into piles of keep/toss and donate.  After she was done with that task then she entertained the children, she was a great help- thanks Hannah!  Heidi was everywhere - helping me to go through things for next year, answering everyones questions about what goes where and so forth.  Gail and I got with Heidi's latest idea and changed out the Christmas section and made it into a into a Baby section.  I love having a different theme in that one part of the store every month, giving our customers something else to focus on- what a great selling feature that will be for the store.  We have such a fantastic core group of volunteers, it will be sad to see most of them PSC in the next 6 months.  But I'm not about to dwell on that, I'm going to concentrate on enjoying my time with them now :-)
 
Happy New year Everyone!

No comments: