INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Yesterday...

It got off to a bad start. You know when something happens that sets the tone for the rest of your day- well I woke to that feeling yesterday. You see- I awoke to find the pieces of the pearl and lapis lazuli bracelet that I wore on my wedding day scattered throughout my bed. I was so tired the night before that I forgot to take it off and accidentally went to bed with it on. I awoke to find it scattered between the sheets. I was heart broken and mad at myself, on the verge of having a pretty good cry- not a good way to start your day.



I do want to tell you that it ended on a pretty good note. You see, I had made dinner reservations for my husband a week ago. I preplanned a "date night". We went to a nice little restaurant down town called "The Corn Exchange". It's a small place (which adds greatly to it's charm).The wait staff was excellent, the BEST customer service in this area to be sure! Let me tell you about the food...it was like nothing else out here. Our appetizer plate was of cheeses, grapes, dried apricots and the most delicious imported olives I've ever had. Now the salad on the other hand was not to our liking (too much of the overly pungent cheese and bitter greens made it rather nasty). But wait...the main course fillet Mignon. The steak was done to perfection, mine had a mushroom sauce and my husband (who does not like mushrooms) had garlic butter on his- once you took a bite, the steak just melted in your mouth! I've never had such a wonderful steak in my life and my husband said the same thing! The veggies were perfect, not over or under cooked- WOW! Dessert was some chocolate torte kind of thing. One of my little secrets (something I've always been able to do) is that I can pick out spices and ingredients used in making desserts. That I can come home, write it all down and recreate it for myself. Not that I would share this restaurants secret dessert recipe- but I look forward to recreating it this weekend for my family :-) Now unless you feel as if you've won the lottery...don't bring your kids. The food is on the pricey side but at the same time worth every single penny! Want to go out for a romantic dinner with your sweetheart? Then this place would be perfect!



My day did end on a good note. And I feel pretty good about today. I'm pretty sure that I have all of the pieces to the bracelet and I'm going to ask my friend Irene if she could fix it (restring it) for me (for a fee of course, I insist upon paying her). You see, Irene designs and makes beautiful jewelry as a hobby and she would be the only one I would trust with my little treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your bracelet. Glad the day ended on a good note :)