INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 17, 2007

When you need a good cry

God knew what I needed....a good cry to purge myself of frustrations. I'm here to tell you, watch any one of the wonderful movies on the Hallmark channel and your eyes will well up with tears. Saturday night I watched the last 3 installments of the "Love Comes Softly" series. Talk about parts in those movies that are heart breaking and other parts that fill you with such joy. To be able to watch a movie that doesn't have swear words but rather is filled with unwavering belief in God.

It was me, a box of tissues, some popcorn and a big glass of water, LOL! This is a story set in the 1800's and it's based more around the women then it is the men, it's their struggles that are chronicled. After watching it and going to bed, I woke up having a a sense of renewal. I was suddenly able to talk about things that have been weighing heavily on my mind- take the suicide of my neighbor for example and now I've made up my mind to start something...

I AM going to get a neighborhood watch program started here in our subdivision! I'm also going to make sure that we ALL get out and meet our neighbors, make time to get to know them and their children. I might not be able to stop someone from killing themselves BUT I am able to start a support network so that no one will feel so lost and desperate that they think that suicide is the only way out of a tough situation.

No comments: