INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Happy December!

So it starts today...the official kick off for the Christmas season (for me). It's snowing, what a perfect way to start of December. It's a soft fluffy kind of snow with little moisture to make it truly stick to anything. Not the kind of snow one needs to make a solid snowman, this is just plain fluff! Pretty to look at but not good for much.

About the holiday function last night...did I take any pictures? No, not a single one. Hows that for being a scrapbooker? There wasn't really anything for me to take pictures of. My husband and I were seated with a group of people that we didn't know and there wasn't much conversation. The all around air to this Holiday party was very different from holiday parties past. There wasn't much glamour to this one at all. You see, past holiday parties have always been formal dress up occasions and this one was rather casual and laid back. We had a great time once the dinner was over and we could mingle and talk with friends. The dance floor was hopping! Oh my gosh there were some ladies that could dance all night long (Oh how I remember how I used to do that when I was younger).

The excitement for the night was when the fire alarm went off and the entire hotel had to be evacuated. We had booked a room and brought our kids there (so they could swim and have fun at the hotel)also so we didn't have to worry about driving home after the party when we were tired. That was some scary stuff getting the kids and getting outside and meeting up with one another. But as soon it was found out to be a false alarm and we got the all clear to go back inside we got the kids settled in and we went back to the party for a while.

So here I am, my head cold has me in a firm grip and is not wanting to let go. My nose is now a pretty shade of pink working towards being a pretty hue of red. Once my nose turns red I'll put on my antler headband and see who I can make laugh first in the house. I still have my humor about me, it's just that I'm so darn sick that makes me feel like a couch potato.

No comments: