INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after Christmas

So I tell myself this morning- go head, grab some coffee, read the paper and kick back- you deserve it. The day after Christmas is always bitter sweet, The excitement of anticipation of the holiday is gone, now it's all about the "After Christmas Sales"( of which I have no desire to take part of). I want to stay at home and relax with my family. The stores will be packed with people looking for bargains and people wanting to do returns. I plan on staying far away from that chaos.

My Christmas was delightful. We ate breakfast (had those ultra yummy Cinnabon style cinnamon rolls I mentioned making yesterday), opened presents, went to Christmas Day Mass, and came back home. While the husband and children played with their new "toys" I prepared the Christmas Day feast. It all came together so smoothly, nothing went wrong or was amiss. I found the day quite relaxing.

Church was okay, none of the glory or opulence of going to a Catholic Mass at a Cathedral during Christmas time, this is after all a church on a military base. But it was nice to be surrounded by those that we know and like.

Christmas day was full of wondrous surprises. I'm not sure who surprised me more- my husband or my daughter. Hannah is always such a sweetheart, thinking of others in such great ways. She is a very giving child, always has been. She bought gifts this year with her own money- bought her brother a mouse for his computer, bought her cousins gifts and she even bought gifts for her dear parents. For her Dad is was a Corvette (Hot Wheels of course) and for her mom (that's me) it was a Landstrom's Black Hills Gold necklace with matching earrings, it's so beautiful. I almost told her that this is too costly, that she should return it and save her money, but I know my child- she would have been heart broken if I would have said that to her. I wear my new necklace and earrings with pride! My husband surprised me too - as I fully expected to only have the handbag and other items that we bought at the OSC auction as my gifts. But I stand corrected, Lucien Elf lives up to his Christmas name - he surprised with me gift certificates to an all inclusive day spa downtown- manicure, pedicure, facial and a full hour Swedish massage! WOW! It's been years (like since before we were married) since I've indulged in having a professional facial. And a manicure- I can date it back to when were were stationed in Maine back in 1990. This truly is a treat for me and I see that my husband loves me very much. Do I feel spoiled? Why yes, yes I do! I am indeed, very blessed!

No comments: