INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, December 24, 2007

Giving Thanks

It's so quiet here in my house, not a noise being made with the exception of the furnace blowing heated air through the air vents. Even the cat is blissfully asleep.

I like to take time out to give thanks for all of the good things and the not so good things that this year have brought to me and my family. It's getting through the tough times together as a family and turning those sour lemons into sweet lemonade that makes me get down on my knees and thank our Lord Jesus Christ for giving his life for us. No one has a charmed or easy life in this world. Life is what we make of it. If we insist on being bitter and to harbor resentments of past wrongs then that is how our life will be - bitter. But if we decide that we want to harbour hope, practice compassion and forgiveness and to be charitable, then we shall see that true JOY comes from doing something worthwhile.

No comments: