INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Understanding Suicide

Suicide has yet again touched my life. This time it was a neighbor who took his own life. This happened a week ago and I've been struggling with talking about this here on my blog. You see, the man left behind a wife and 3 small children, a house that is about to go into foreclosure and it's almost Christmas. I struggle to see the how someone could think that his family would be better off without him. To kill yourself over failed finances? To me that's just plain selfish and stupid. So what if you couldn't keep the house, suck up that pride and talk to your spouse, explain how things really are (finances and everything). So what if you have to move your family into smaller accommodations or even have to get food stamps for a while- at least you're all together. Now the sad part, picking up the pieces, trying to make sense of what happened and living in a house where your husband killed himself. How do you as a mother begin to explain to your children what happened? It breaks my heart it truly does.

No comments: