INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, December 21, 2007

It's a Hot Chocolate kind of day!

The South Dakota weather is showing how truly yucky it can be with the high winds and blowing snow making driving near impossible. It started off with rain this morning and it just got worse from there. Parents were getting calls from children letting them know that school was getting out even earlier that the originally planned 1 pm early out time. With the blinding snow, slick roads and the high winds, they moved the time to 11:30 am. I sure didn't want my child in a high profile vehicle such as a bus when weather conditions are like this - yes I went and picked her up early. Hannah was very happy to be going home in her Mom's kid mobile that has heated seats that also pulls straight into the garage with none of that being out in the freezing conditions longer than we need to be.

As for tonight...We had plans on going to a party here in the neighborhood this evening but alas the terrible weather and horrid road conditions have given our party hosts no choice but to cancel their event.

Just 2 weeks ago we had some really bad weather that made me contact our OSC president and together we decided to cancel our OSC function...now here we are again with that same kind of terrible weather. I hope that everyone gets home safely tonight. Last time there were an outrageous number of automobile accidents before 4 pm (something like 58). I certainly hope that aren't any accident today but alas I know that I'm hoping for a major miracle with that one.

Now I do have to say that I'm glad that I bought the large bag of mini marshmallows, because it's certainly is a Hot Chocolate kind of day! Hannah got to bake her cute snowman sugar cookies (and they taste good too). Andrew and I are watching the snow drifts build up in the yards across the street from our house. The back of our house faces North and our fence helps to keep down the snow drifts. I'm very glad that our garage doesn't face North as that would be just plain ugly!All that bitterly cold wind and blowing snow being forced into the garage, eeew!

Now it's time for some hot herbal tea (Cranberry tea sounds great right about now), a slice of Panettone - to curl up a big blanket with my kids watching my favorite Christmas movie- It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: