INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The 1st day of March

My day really doesn't start without me having at least 2 cups of coffee and today is no exception :) The day is supposed to be a delicious one with temperatures reaching 65º- woohoo! Maybe my husband and son will wash my kid mobile -as it's rather dirty and reminds me greatly of a potato that's been freshly dug out of the ground.

I've got the cleaning and organizing bug-again. I started with my closet, refolding sweaters and rearranging handbags. I've decided that it's time to cull the handbag heard, so far I've only been able to part with 3 of them, but hey-that's a start right? Ones that I haven't used in ages are outta here! There are some that are truly seasonal and others for formal occasions. It's the everyday bags that I'm going through and am donating. Women in general tend to hang on to old handbags- like they're some sort of lucky charm. I think that my mom and my m-i-l have every handbag that they've ever bought in their life time- then again I know women who are my age and younger that do the same thing.

So it's some early spring cleaning going on here at my house. The AFJROTC clothing drive is about to kick off (and I'm going to get my utility room back). I've got to go through the clothes and see what other items I can donate to the clothing drive.

I'm going to start on another quilting project- I've been itching to get working on the "Cheese and Crackers" quilt. I started on a new counted cross stitch project while on the cruise and it's something that I like to work on when winding down my day. I find it relaxes me to do something productive at the end of the day. So I'm off to get some more coffee and to be tooling away in my scrapbook nook. I'm bringing the camera with me and will take pictures as I go along cutting up pieces for my quilting project.

No comments: