INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sandie and her sewing projects

I was asked recently about how serious I was about quilting. I said that I was enjoying myself immensely and love the new challenges that it has given me. I was also asked what got me started being so interested...I was always interested it was that I was never motivated enough to actually dive head first. Every once in a while I'd stick a toe in and test the water and it was too hot for me, LOL!

About my discovery under the stairs...While looking through all of my glorious fabric scraps in that huge Rubber-Maid container I came across a couple of surprises- 2 quilt kits. I bought them both when while were were stationed in Virginia (that's also where the majority of my fabric scraps originated). You see, Once upon a time... I made dresses for my little girl. It was the funniest thing as our little Hannah wouldn't wear pants- only skirts and dresses. I made all sorts of cute outfits for her and from that came oodles of fabric scraps. I also made beautiful valances (still do). I love making window treatments! Others might enjoy making clothing more but my thing turned out to be window treatments - that fact still surprises my Mom as she would never even attempt making a window treatment of any kind (and to me, she is much more talented at sewing than I ever could claim to be). Now to make this interesting...I have 2 sisters and neither of them even owns a sewing machine, LOL! As Hannah and I are checking out the fabrics in these quilt kits she says what I'm thinking... Eewww- oh man, do we need to changed out some of these fabrics! With that in mind I'm going to let Hannah play around with changing out those colors while I get her table runner put together.

Now on a lighter note, I came across another place I'd like for you all to check out, it's Quilt Woman. There are neat patterns GALORE there! I consider myself to be a beginner quilter with sewing experience. But just because one knows how to sew does not mean that you know how to quilt...those ARE 2 very different things. You do however need to know how to sew in order to learn how to quilt. Quilt Woman has patterns in various categories;
Absolute Novice, Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. I ordered some patterns from this website this monring and I'm excited to get started working on some new patterns and techniques! Please by all means check out the website and better yet... send me links to other websites for me to check out!

No comments: