INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 03, 2008

Is today special for you?

This morning my husband asked me what day it is...my reply (with a small chuckle) "the day I put the summer clothes away from our vacation?" he said "um yeah that AND something else". I gave up guessing...he told me that today is the kick off for the AFJROTC clothing drive. I immediately said "Andrew can take my minivan". You see, the utility room is jam packed with clothes that our son has been collecting since last August. I've been wanting my storage area back for months!

Another way this day is special for me is that I decided to have a "girls lunch out" and my girlfriends can make it :-) I'm going to plan more of these kind of small get-togethers with my girlfriends. With 2 of the ladies in our little group moving in June, another has just begun the long separation from her husband due to an 8 month deployment and there's me- not knowing when my husband will be leaving or where he will be going but knowing that some time this year he will be leaving on a deployment. Yup I say that those are as good of reasons as any for getting together with my girlfriends, don't you?

Now for me to have some more coffee...it's chocolate coffee today and it's just extra yummy! For the most part today is as good as any day -but to me it's just extra special!

No comments: