INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The fabric stash I didn't know that I had...until today!

Thank goodness no one I know can see me crawling around on my hands and knees today. I can hardly believe that both of my feet hurt as much as they do- it's like some sort of cruel joke. But alas, I have tea and some cookies and a lovely recliner in my bedroom where I've been hanging out today. Wrapped up in my Cheese and Cracker quilt and I've been reading a new magazine.

Since I'm stuck in my room (it's a happy place full of my favorite things)- I pick up a magazine and start reading an article and I'm looking at these pictures of this persons "sewing room"- looks a great deal like my scrapbook nook but instead of stamps and cardstock it's full of fabrics...oodles and oodles of beautiful fabrics! I start thinking....hmmm I wonder where I put all of that fabric that I had left over from my oodles of various crafting projects. I know that I kept it but did Lucien toss it all out when he was organizing the storage area? Over the years he has at times tossed out items of mine.

So I crawl down stairs and into the storage area that is underneath of our stairs. My husband and I had re-organized the area down there a few months
back- everything is in Rubber-Maid 18 gallon totes (or larger). They are all labeled as to what exactly is in them. I see it in a back corner...there it is, the Holy Grail of containers, the one marked "Fabric". Oh let me tell you I am not the least bit disappointed in what I have found. I have oodles of really cool fabrics! I have fabrics in prints that are not available out here- Texas Bluebonnets and Maine Blueberries just to name two of the OVER 3 dozen prints I've come across. And solid colors I have found a rainbow of happiness in a Rubber-Maid container! WhooHoo! I'm in fabric heaven! I've got a good portion of those fabrics in the washing machine, and other load is waiting to go in as soon as this one is done and I'll iron it all once I can stand for any length of time :-) I've made myself happy midst my foot issues :-) My motto for today...Bloom where you are planted!

No comments: