INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy just being me!

I admire Barbara Bush and I especially like today's Quote of the day- it makes me think about who I am...I'd much rather be seen as being a nice person than a competitive one. I see so much competitiveness on a near daily basis that it makes me want to do my own thing even more. I enjoy being happy, I enjoy being creative, I enjoy being me! I'm not out there to prove anything to anyone, I'm just being my happy little self. And if I'm able to share my happiness with others and make them happy too, then all the better!

So, what am I up to today? I'm going to sandwich together my 2nd quilt top and sew together my 3rd quilt top...I can't begin to tell you how energized this makes me feel. To be able to make something that keeps you warm and it looks good too-it amazes me to no end :-) The energy that I'm drawing from my quilting projects is unbelievable! I'm seriously jazzed about quilting, the colors and patterns of the fabrics are very much like scrapbooking papers- all of them beautiful! And instead of using adhesive I'm using thread- what is not to like? I know that many scrapbookers have secondary hobbies such as crocheting, knitting or counted cross stitching that they turn to when feeling scrappers block. I'll say it- I can not knit for beans, but I can crochet! There, I've made my mom and mother-in-law proud I can crochet! But I'd much rather make scrapbook layouts, make greeting cards (of all types) and of course design and sew things for my home :-) So with that very thought in mind I'm going to start sewing some more blocks together and make another quilt top. And hopefully by this afternoon I will be able to say that I will have 3 quilts in my portfolio of quilt making!

No comments: