INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, March 13, 2008

getting it all together- the quilt that is...

It would not be quilting (for me) without a few technical difficulties to over come. I finally managed to get my quilt top sandwiched with the backing and the filler. I thought I was going to lose my mind with it- I had to move to the floor because it kept slipping and sliding off of the dining table. Once I got there, I had to re-pin it 3 times until I got it right. Meanwhile my foot is throbbing like I dropped a brick on it. A couple of glasses of milk and a package of imported German gingerbread cookies later and I was fine, it was an 8 pack of cookies-sheesh!

Now to figure out how I'm going to quilt it-ugh! There are so many different ways to go about this too- I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all. I found a simple design for the quilting and I'm going to practice that technique and see how it looks.

Quilting is not for wimps! This really does give your brain a good workout in mathematics!

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

WOW! Maybe I don't want to quilt! :)

What a piece you will have when you are finished!