INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 30, 2008

This is a test...this is only a test

And if I was to be graded on it I'd probably get a C-, LOL! I made a quilted table runner yesterday, still in the process of quilting it. A word to the wise...never and I mean NEVER let your artistically creative and mathematically gifted child have Carte Blanche (meaning blank check) in a quilting store- that goes double, especially if she's drawn to the MOST expensive fabrics the store has to offer! Oie Vie is this one expensive little table runner!

I was looking forward to spending the day with my daughter helping her to make something beautiful that would adorn the top of her Dresser. But to my great surprise, my daughter Hannah dumped on all my lap. I could hardly believe that my craft starved child (her words not mine) would much rather sit at her desk in front of her lap top computer playing games and surfing the internet than to sit down with her dear Mom and learn how to work the new sewing machine. I think that she soon realized that this was NOT the kind of project for a first time quilter. I think that she also realized that it wasn't going to be done in 20 to 30 minutes. Now that I think of it, I was the only person in this house who had not parked themselves in front of a computer screen all day long. I like to think that I spent my time doing something better...I spent my time actively doing something creative.

So I've sewn the top of this quilted table runner, now for the stitching in of the appliqued flowers (this is the part where I get a C-). I've tried sewing it on the machine, ended up taking it all out. I tried sewing it by hand, took it out too. The most valuable tool besides your sewing machine is your trusty seam ripper! I awoke from a dream...a dream about the quilted table runner and I'm going to try doing a tiny zigzag stitch on those flowers. I'm determined to get it done so I can put on the binding.

I have to say that I wonder about people...especially the sales lady who suggested to Hannah that this would be a great project for her- an absolute novice quilter who has never really sewn much of anything before. And even MORE questions pertaining to why she lead Hannah to the MOST expensive fabrics in the store, LOL! Oh well I like to chalk this up to my Live and Learn Series on the topic of Quilting, LOL!

No comments: