INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I had a fantastic Monday!

I hope that everyone had as good of a day as I did yesterday. I know that over all Monday's in general have gotten a bad reputation. Monday's are not the "bad day" that they are made out to be. Monday is one of my favorite days of the week- my kids are back in school and spouse back at work- and I've got the day to myself to create and not be interrupted a thousand and one times. Mondays are fabulous days!

Take my Monday (yesterday) for example...Yesterday before my Stamp Group meet up I went to my favorite quilt store -Quilt Connection Etc for some help with attaching the binding. Oh my word I can't begin to tell you how truly I appreciate the help I've received every time I've gone into that shop. And friendly- I have found everyone there even the customers are as nice and as friendly as can be! I got my binding on my quilt now to sew it on :-) While there I also needed to get a few little pieces of fabric for another quilt I'm going to make...to my delight I found that everything I was buying was 28% off because of a birthday sale (one of the ladies was having a birthday and this was half her age), what a total hoot! I bought my fabric and another quilt pattern (the Americana one I had been eyeballing). Now I'm off to my stamp group- all I can say is that we laughed for 2 hour hours straight! Peggy had some terrific projects lined up for us (as per usual), CUTE city is all I can say! I'll have to take some pictures and post them later on today, I had a lot of fun making these cards! So after my 2 hour session of laughing and crafting with friends was over I bonked myself on the head (kind of like duh you should have had a V-8 kind of thing) because I didn't buy any thread while everything was 28% off...so back to the quilt store I go...they were sold out of white, black and every shade of off white ever made, LOL! So I head off to the sewing center (the store that sells sewing machines and all kinds of other little neat things). I'm in that store and feeling rather overwhelmed with the selection of things in there. I'm in there for 15 to 20 minutes looking at "stuff" and not a single person ever greeted me, asked me if I needed help or anything. Needless to say I decided not to buy anything and left- again without being asked if I needed any help. Now my last attempt to buy some thread sends me over to Hancock Fabrics and to my surprise I find that the brand and type of thread I'm looking for is one sale...at 40% off no less (good things come to those who persevere). I see that there are only 2 of the jumbo spools of black thread left, I scooped them babies up! I'm looking for the off white thread and all there is are a couple of small spools- it's 40% off so I take them too. Now I see someone stocking thread on the opposite side from where I am- so I ask the sales person if she has any white Gutermann thread- she looks in her cart and and abruptly plops into my hands this box of 5 jumbo spools of white cotton quilting thread. I asked her if there she had any off white or beige thread in her cart and she snapped at me and let me know how she has "X" amount of boxes of thread in the back room that she had to go through and how I would just have to come back later to see if there was by chance any that would be put out on the shelf (sheesh- talk about c*r*a*b*b*y). But I was not about to let that woman get me down- she might be a tad on the crabby side but me- I just hit the mother lode on a thread sale! Did I feel as if I needed to complain about this person stocking the shelves- not in the least! I didn't know her whole story, maybe there had been others who had been pretty rude to her earlier in the day. I've seen how some people can be when there is a sale going on and it can get rather ugly. So while at the check out counter I see this pretty Olfa rotary cutter I ask the clerk at the register how much it is- she tells me that it's on sale for $10- oh HELLO! Ring me up baby and put that in my plastic bag too! It was too adorable for me to pass up! I get such a kick out of unique looking tools- it's so much more appealing (to me) to use this pretty rotary cutter than my plain old school bus yellow one, LOL!







Okay so now I'm not done with my fantastic Monday story...I get home and I'm inspired to create something...I finish my day with having made my 2nd quilt top (no joke). I came home cut and sewed all afternoon and made this - I call it Sandie's Flower Garden :-)





I'm thrilled to pieces how quickly I was able to cut and sew this quilt together- WOW! is all I can say :-) It's a bit smaller than the Crackers and Cheese quilt (it's the picture at top of today's blog posting). This one is more of what I would call "Lap" size, the other one is almost "Twin" size. I've also started on a 3rd quilting project it's in the process of being cut and sewn but here's a sneak peek- I call it Sandie's Tribute to Autumn. The Autumn themed fabric was left over from the valance I made last November for the window in foyer. I can't begin to tell you how incredibly happy I feel when I'm creating something. Quilting is just one of many creative outlets for me. I'm so glad that decided to take the leap and get out of my comfort zone- to take on a new challenge. Quilting (for me) is just as much fun and challenging as needlework, counted cross stitching, scrapbooking and stamping was in the beginning...and they all continue to be crafts that I enjoy with all my heart.

I hope that I've inspired some of you with my crafty goodness (yes I took that saying from Kate's blog aka Scrap and Knit) to take a step out of your comfort zone and try something new!

No comments: