INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Doing what my quote said...

Following in the footsteps of my quote today I'm writing some kind words of encouragement to a friend who is going through a long separation from her husband. They PCS'd (moved) into this area last year, went through the process of having a house custom built only to have to give it up because their other home in another part of the U. S. didn't sell (it's a year later and it still hasn't sold). These folks were to have been our neighbors in the home directly behind ours. Even though they did not become our neighbors I can say that Amy has become a friend :-) I've not had the opportunity to get to know her husband as he is away on a 12 to 15 month remote tour in another part of the world. My heart goes out to her in so many ways. I know all too well how hard it is to make new friends and to find some that truly care about you- well that's really something to hold on to.

I found out this week that the wife of one of my neighbors is currently away on a deployment. He's been having landscapers come over every day giving him estimates. I think that he wants to surprise his wife with a beautiful yard when she gets back in August, what a nice thoughtful husband!

So here I am...in my jammies drinking coffee- today it's that Dunkin' Donuts coffee- it's okay stuff. I'd buy it again- especially when we have guests believe it or not but not everyone likes chocolate coffee like I do:-)

I'm off to start the actual sewing of the layers together on my quilting project...wish me luck!

No comments: