INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The war in Iraq

I read this news article over at foxnews.com and wanted to share it all with you. "For few, Iraq war has changed everything" I don't care for the title I think that they could have come up with a better one- but the story it tells is a good one. It's a harsh reality and reading the story made me cry. I don't think that any of us could imagine the grief any one of these people have experienced. But being there with them to help them pick up the pieces of their lives and start over- well that's the kind of thing I'm here for. I lend a hand and and am available 24/7 for moral support to those going through deployments.

The irony in it all is (in case you didn't already know) I'm one of those spouses that had to plan our recent family vacation around a deployment. I have many friends that are currently experiencing the lonely separation of a long deployment and living with the fear that they might never see their loved one again. I wish that our politicians would have to take 6 month deployments to Iraq and experience it first hand. To experience the same kinds of things our service men and women are trying to cope with- from sleeping in tents on cots, to being shot at, to having to eat food that's got sand in it and being ever so appreciative of the little care boxes that are sent from home.

So if you're the kind of person that prays- please keep our service men and women in your prayers. That they come home safely to their families-Amen.

No comments: