INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, March 07, 2008

more photos from St. Maarten N.A. D.W.I

To think that the delightful weather we were experiencing was also their winter weather was remarkable. A slight breeze and the warm sun made our day in St. Maarten truly delightful. I could see us spending an entire vacation on this island. The white sand beach felt soft under my feet my feet and the water was such a beautiful shade of blue.

I adore palm trees, and the streets were lined with them. In fact they were just about everywhere I was. I liked how the city had protected them from being trampled by installing these neat rubber grates that went over them protecting the ground surrounding them.

It wasn't too crowded either. You know how some tourist destinations get jam packed, kind of like a theme park such as Disneyland or Six Flags. Not this place. There was plenty of shops and little places of interest spread out. Of course some stores had pushy sales people that just wanted to sell you everything and anything and other shops were very helpful in trying to help you locate something that you're looking for. But in all it's a very relaxed atmosphere there on St. Maarten and I would dearly love to spend an entire week there exploring the Dutch side of the island.


No comments: