INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 24, 2008

What a Sunday!

Easter for the most part was interesting...Church was like church always is on Easter Sunday, long and drawn out. It was after Mass while shopping at the commissary that it got interesting. I have never laughed so much after church when talking to other parisheners than I did yesterday. I won't go into the whole conversation (too long) but it had to deal with the things we see other people doing during Mass. So this one church member and her husband were telling me how there was someone sitting near them sending a text message on her cell phone- during the church service, then I gave the account of the woman who I see near weekly clipping her nails in church. We were basically comparing notes on the odd behaviors of people who attend our church. We all were laughing pretty hard at what we all have been observing, the totally off the wall things that go on during a church service.

Now to put a little more serious spin on the day... It was after dinner and just before our kids got back from their hike to the top of Radar Hill that my husband noticed something odd about our kitty. He pointed out to me that she was sticking out her tongue- I told him to pick her up and look inside her mouth as this was a sign that she could be missing teeth (thank you Animal Planet for the awesome Pet related programing). So Lucien opens up kitty's mouth and we both gasped- our kitty is missing one of her top front canine incisors. It must have JUST happened and happened like within the last 30 minutes. I could tell that our kitty was in pain. So first thing I'm calling our Veterinarian- to my surprise his office is closed today and tomorrow. Well our kitty needs to be seen- so I called the Veterinarian Clinic where we used to take our kitty- she's got an appointment but not until this afternoon. I feel so bad for our kitty, but there's not much else I can do for her beyond trying to make her as comfortable as I can.

So here it is Monday morning, the last day of our children's so called "Easter Break". I've got a dental appointment of my own (to replace an old filling). Then it's back to the house to be with my kids and cat.

No comments: