INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Quilting....

Quilting is my newest hobby. I've always adored quilts and admired those that made them. For my own self, I've always had a deep desire to make a Christmas quilt for each and every bed in our home. It's just a "thing" and it's been something that I've wanted to do.

I've got to post some pictures of the progress I've made on my "Cheese and Crackers" quilt. Once I started understanding the quilting terminology or "lingo"- I was home free! That for me was the hardest part- the terms used for quilting are very different for those that are used in general sewing.

Something to keep in mind is the importance of having the right tools for the job. Trust me when I say that it makes everything go quicker and easier. Be it sewing, quilting, needlework, stamping or scrapbooking- the finished project will reflect the tools that you've used. Another word of advice, read the instructions and read them more than once! Not sure what a certain term means? Then ask for help.

Look for some pictures to come (I'm going to go take some right now).

No comments: