INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Stress...

I like to think myself of being a generally positive person, that I'm normally a happy person in the morning but right now I find myself in a bad mood. I'm feeling frustrated, angry and depressed all at the same time, not a good way to start ones day. As you guessed it, that's why I'm up so early this morning- 3 am is just such an lonely time of day too. My eyes are puffy, my nose is stuffed up and lets not even talk about my hair, LOL! All of my frustration stems from 3 different entities all of which are related to OSC in some manner.

Doing all of the various volunteering jobs that I do is not easy. I know that to some it must look as if it all just falls into place on it own- let me tell you that it doesn't. It's a lot of behind the scenes hard work that no one sees or really knows about - heck, besides my husband and a couple of close friends no one has any idea as to how many hours go into the behind the scenes work I do for a function. From picking out menus & table linens, negotiating menu prices, and staying within a budget plus there's dealing with the wants of my OSC President and the general membership- it's nerve wracking to say the least. I'm down to the last 2 programs I have to plan and my brain hurts. It's tying up all of the loose ends, making sure that everything comes off looking like it took no effort while all the time you were pulling your hair out in clumps. In the end...it's about putting on the high heels and the little black dress and acting as if it all went so smoothly in front of 30 or more people. I feel like such a phony acting like it was easy to put on a function walking around the room smiling asking everyone if they're enjoying themselves- while at the same time giving a sigh of relief that the function came off without too many last minute "issues".

I'm skipping the OSC board meeting and going to a dental appointment today- I'd rather have my teeth scraped & cleaned than have to be in that room today presenting a board report.

No comments: