INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's the little things that make me Happy!

My girlfriend Kim is always so upbeat and peppy, take this morning when she's calling to tell me that the Thrift Shop is closed for good (well, until our move) due to water pouring in through the ceiling like an indoor waterfall. It's situations such as these that make or break you. Certainly circumstances beyond our control are something to laugh about. We were getting ready to move the Thrift Shop into a bigger and newer building (hopefully with fewer technical problems) and now that time frame is moved up a whole week. The funny thing is out of the core group of volunteers, none of us are really physically able to pack and move the shop- there's me and my gimped out foot issues, Kim is pregnant, Gaby is pregnant, Leilani is pregnant, Theresa is pregnant, Molly is pregnant- with twins, Amber has fibromyalgia (my heart really goes out to her) so having her pack up the Thrift Shop is absolutely out of the question, Heidi and her back problems, and Gary just had a hernia operation- I'm telling you we are one sad group of people, LOL! The only one of us who is in any shape to do this is Joe- and if he does this by himself we'll never hear the end of it, LOL!

So where am I going on this happiness kick right? I told Kim that I would hem her pants to bring them on over any time and I'd be more than happy to do it for her. She she brings over her pants and then takes me out to lunch. What a nice thing to do! She got me out of the house, made me laugh and made me feel loved and appreciated... that right there made my entire day! She knew how bad I was feeling yesterday and she got me to laughing then too :-)

So now I'm home checking on e-mail and getting ready to sit down at my sewing machine. I feel happy all over...with exception of my feet, they're feeling tired and sore. But at least I'm not in the kind of pain I was in yesterday and that's a good thing!

No comments: