INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 22, 2008

My long weekend...

It's the weekend and it's important to me to be able to spend quality time with my family. My children have a 5 day weekend (3 days off from school for Easter break). I don't want to have to spend hours away from them working on volunteer things, I want to be able to be at home with them, laughing with them, watching TV or playing board games. So with this very thing in mind I let some people know that I'm "off duty" until Tuesday. The week goes by so fast and the kids are busy with homework or after school commitments. They're getting older and in a couple of years (I mean this in the literal sense) Andrew will be away at college. I want to be able to spend as much quality time with my children as possible. Be it horsing around together, making a craft project, helping them put together a diorama of something or building a display board for science class. Just being able to be there with them is the most important thing for me.

On a side note...I always make time for my girlfriends, some of them are as close to me as my own family. There are days where I have to set aside time for work related things but interruptions from my girlfriends are always welcome :-)

No comments: