INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, March 14, 2008

Being creative...

I think that once we reach a certain level in our skills in any craft that we start looking for challenges. That's probably why I picked up quilting. It's like recharging my batteries (so to speak). To rekindle an interest in being creative.

While I was growing up, I saw my mother as being a rather crafty kind of person- she had interests in several different kinds of crafts. She enjoyed doing-crocheting, knitting, sewing, embroidery and macramé. She was always working on little projects of one kind or another. I saw my Mother as being very crafty in an age where women were just stepping out into crafting.

So here I am quilting, something that my mother didn't try- although she likes the look of quilts. From talking to my dear old mom- she's now got an interest in them (go figure). So as a little surprise I want to make a small lap quilt for her for Mother's Day. Now to find the right pattern- or adapt one that I have (not a bad idea if I say so myself).

I've been hunting all over for my camera and can't seem to be able to locate it. Hmmm, 4 people, 1 cat in a house with 1 digital camera...where oh where can the camera be? I think that Hannah was the last person to use it and she was taking pictures of the cat, LOL! I think that I'm going to be on a search now, wish me luck!

No comments: