INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, February 23, 2007

The clock is ticking...

I sure do have a lot on my plate this month, next month too. Today I've got to call moving companies, arrange to meet with the person that measures the areas for our flooring, I've got to get the brand name of the paint and color from the housing office so we can get this cottage back to it's original drab self. Seems like just a handful of phone calls, but it's not, there's much more to it than just a simple phone call.

Lets face it, we're wedged in this little house pretty darn tight. I've always said that we'll need "professional help" getting out of here. IN other words... help from a professional moving company. There's way too much in here for us to even think of messing with. We're past asking friends to help us since !- most of them are on deployment and 2 the ones that are still here are as old as we are and lets face it, we don't want to hurt anyone, LOL! And of course there's #3, we just don't have the time to do it ourselves. Between my husbands work schedule and the stuff I have going on...that doesn't leave us very much time to get things done.

Painting this house...heck I might even have to call a professional to do that if my husband doesn't get any time to do it. There's nothing like trying to get one house in order when moving into it and getting another back to the way it was when you first moved into it...at the same time. I can see many headaches in the upcoming weeks for both Lucien and myself. Be it moving across town or across country, the stress levels are the same, high.

I'm going through more stuff today...things in the kids closets and the linen closet. The things are items that should be in my Scrapbook Nook but aren't (because of lack of space). I'm going through my Stampin Up collection. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to store them. I can't keep these little plastic boxes, they just take up so much room. I think that the plastic shoe boxes would do better and I could organize them by category...Birthday, Christmas, Halloween, Floral etc. I'm going through the stamp sets and will sell off the ones I am no longer interested in keeping around. The home office that is going to be my new Scrapbook Nook is going to be wider but also it's going to be the same length as the space I have now. I will have 2 beautiful windows, but those windows will be taking up precious wall space where I have things hanging in this room. I have to rethink how I'm going to have this space organized, with that comes some downsizing- ugh! Items such as my compact paper trimmers will be sold at the garage sale in April. I do not need to have duplicate items in my scrapbook nook. I have to really get tough with myself! Wish me luck!

No comments: