INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, February 26, 2007

Windows and floors

The windows and floors get measured today. I'm the one measuring the windows...got to get the sizes down pat for the blinds and window treatments. I don't know if I'd mentioned this before but I have in the past designed and made my own custom window treatments. It's not something that I would do for others, well- not at this time in my life anyway. I'd be looking at fabric, curtain rods- I can most likely use my own and not have to buy more, LOL! With living in 6 previous places one would think that I had plenty of curtain rods in all shapes and sizes, LOL!

I've got my flooring picked out, now to see it against the carpet and picturing it in the rooms. I'm so excited about this next step!

2 comments:

lauriewe said...

so what floorings did you go with? have you ever heard of karndean vinyl? I still haven't decided what to do with my kitchen/dining area yet! I'm loving the progress of your new house.

Sandie said...

I went with Bruce Laminate flooring. Bruce is an Armstrong company. I choose a lighter wood laminate for the foyer and my "home office" aka The Scrapbook Nook. The laundry room and kids bathroom will have vinyl flooring and the color is called Milky Way. I went with the carpet that was already installed in the upper portion of the house, might as well keep that look flowing thought the house for a uniform look.
Laurie, I can hardly wait to see what you're doing with your house :-)