INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, February 24, 2007

An evening of Fun in Deadwood, SD

Have you ever laughed so hard that your ribs hurt? That would be a a good description of last night. A group of us from the Mission Support Group went out for an evening of fun in Deadwood last night. First stop was to get an old fashioned portrait taken of the group. Have you ever tried to get 18 people dressed up on funky colored western costumes when it's freezing cold and have them keep a straight face? I'm here to tell you that it's just not going to happen, LOL! I laughed so hard I thought that I was going to pee my pants! Our photographer was very patient with our group...after all she was making a small fortune from us that night. I bought several photos, two group shots and one of just my husband and myself. Now because there were 18 of us and we were all ordering 3 or more large prints...it's going to take her all weekend to get them printed. They'll be out in Monday's mail and we should have them by Tuesday. Once I get our pictures I'll have to scan them in and post them...it will give you a good laugh! This ordeal took over 2 hours, and I still can't wipe the smile off of my face. If you were there you would have laughed yourself silly!

We ate dinner in a local restaurant and the meal was FANTASTIC! The halibut with wild rice and mango salsa was seriously delicious! Everyone loved their meal and the waiter was a young man probably no more than 18 or 19 who was very patient with our group. He did an excellent job, not to mention that he had no additional help with waiting on our larger group. I am certain that he was very pleased with his tip at the end of our evening :-) The food and service was so good that we all agreed to go there again. Usually larger groups get sucky service and lukewarm food...but this was not the case at this restaurant, not at all!

No comments: