INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, February 05, 2007

It's just another Manic Monday...

Today this song mirrors my life...
I met with my friend Cindy and she gave me a tour of her home, it's lovely! She and her family live in the subdivision where we are looking at buying a home. Cindy's house is what is known as being "new construction" where as the house that my husband and I are currently considering is 2 years old. We're trying to make up our minds whether to build a new home to to buy a previously owned home. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. We've already been through the stress of having built 2 homes, doing it for a 3rd time isn't scary to us, we view it as more of a time consuming pain in the neck than anything else. Do I really want to have to go through all of the hassle of picking out door knobs, faucets and light fixtures? Then there's the flooring...be it ceramic tile, vinyl, carpet, hardwood or stained concrete, UGH!!!! Paint chips, siding, wood trim, it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it! LOL! So we're more interested in a previously owned home more than building a house...at this time. I had a dream last night that I was buried in paint chips, talk about a nightmarish thought...having to look at hundreds and hundreds of paint chips all in various shades of beige and white.

On the lighter side...our daughter Hannah has her 2nd post-op appointment today. I can't begin to tell you how good her ears look! She has so much more confidence in herself and it really shows. She no longer feels so seriously self conscious about how she looks. She's actually had me braid her hair and put it in pig tails for school, by the way- she would never wear her hair like that anywhere else but home before the surgery. This is one of those life changing surgeries.

The laundry is calling me...then again when isn't it? The good side to this, it's only 3 loads:-)

No comments: