INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Being a Positive Light in a moment of darkness

 

"It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are."  

 

~Roy Disney 

 

I can’t begin to tell you how strongly I feel about this quote. It’s so very true of my every day life.  As a mother and wife of a career military husband, doing what’s right isn’t always easy and probably never will be. One thing remains through it all; it’s easy to remain true to ones self if you know what your values are. I remain faithful in my dedication to making a difference in the quality of life in those around me. First and foremost I am a mother and a wife. I value my family above anything else. Secondly, it’s to be a good friend.  To be a true friend means to be there through the thick and the thin of things, not just for the good times and laughs, but to be there when your friends need you the most. For me, I try to be a positive light in a moment of darkness. I give of my heart freely without expecting anything in return. I share with others because I truly enjoy doing so. I hope to inspire others to be the best person that they can be, to be a positive influence when there seems to be so much negativity surrounding us at every turn. To show compassion by sharing a meal with a neighbor or though making  lunch for my girlfriends to let them know how much I appreciate them for who they are…Angels on earth.

 

 

No comments: