INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Insanity is hereditary...you get it from your kids!

Another cold day here on the prairie. It was snowing for a while but it looks to have stopped. The spouse and I went out driving around Box Elder to see what is available as far as houses are concerned. One thing we quickly realized is that none of them had any curb appeal...none what so ever! Sure, I'm picky but then again you would be too when looking at a house that is only half finished (half of the interior of the houses here are not finished) and there is major landscaping to be done, no fence and we're looking in Box Elder...ugh! $250K for a house in Box Elder...all because we don't want to change schools but want a bigger house. I must be insane! Our kids are a bit bothered by the idea of living off base, they said that their freedom to ride their bikes around would be gone...no more being able to ride to the shoppette or to the big park here on base. NO more riding their bikes to Burger King, the teen center, youth center the base pool or the commissary to get me onions, bread crumbs or bags of frozen peas (apparently my son still remembers his last mission to the commissary for me). I don't know what to do...maybe the older bigger homes would be something to consider. I need to see if the Been's are moving this summer...maybe we could get their house (they have central a/c). I shake my head as I do not know what to do or which way to turn. I will leave it all in God's hands, he knows what we need better than we do.

No comments: