INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 11, 2007

What a morning!

It's not even noon yet and it's already been quite the day! I just want to let you all know that trying to track down phone numbers on the Internet is not as easy as one would tend to think, ugh! Then once I finally get a phone number I get a recorded message that the hospital has changed numbers...AUGH!!!!! Okay I finally get to speak with a real live person and she tells me that there are no patients there by that name...so I spell the last name again be deliberately and very slowly and surprise, there is a person with that last name there (insert me rolling my eyes here).

Okay now for the latest news...My husbands uncle Tom is in the ICU at a hospital on a respirator and is thought to be near death. All of the family is there by his bedside. He's had quite a few health issues in the recent past and was hospitalized back in November with heart related issues. I haven't told my husband this news, I'm waiting to hear more from my sister in law as the day progresses.

Last week one of my dear friends had a death in their family (the grandmother who raised her husband), this week another good friend (and co-worker of my husband) had a death in the family (his mother passed away). Then there's my my mom in the hospital; who is doing well, I just talked to her and wished her a Happy Birthday (it's today) and of course my dear old Dad who is "in care" due to having advanced Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's.

I've said prayers for everyone and I leave it all in God's hands and if you're a praying person please keep everyone in your prayers. It's heartbreaking not being able to be physically near my loved ones, but then again if I really need to be somewhere fast...California is only a 3 hour plane ride away! It's during times like these that having family living on both coasts is a bit difficult. I pray for my friends who have lost parents this past week, that they may find comfort in knowing that their loved ones are no longer in pain and that they walk in the gardens of heaven with Jesus.

No comments: