INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 16, 2008

About my surgery...

Can I say it? Will it be considered bragging? I don't feel sick! I'm always horribly sick to my stomach each and every time I have ever had any kind of a surgery and this time is the first time ever that I feel OK, as a matter of fact I feel terrific! I did have surgery in my foot and it doesn't hurt and I don't feel sick, it's a true miracle!

The tread on these surgical shoes are much like the tread on my Chaco Sandals, heavy duty! And about and below are glamour shots of my left foot. And no, I do not have jaundice, it's betadine all over my foot and toes making it look at ghastly shade of yellow-yuck!

I must have been at the Surgery Center to the rich and famous because this place was first class! The artwork on display was beautiful and the painted walls made the artwork pop and the furniture in the place pulled it all together. Open leaving the surgical center I received a yellow rose and a small box of chocolate truffles- talk about NICE! And you know who those surgical places always have you out your things in a plastic bag, not this place, I used a large canvas tote bag which they let me keep, not to shabby. Of course it says Black Hills Surgical center on it but I can use my crafty goodness to create something nifty to sew over it :-)

Oh the funnier side of life, I'm trying to master crutches. I'm hear to tell you that it is not as easy as it looks. I'm keeping my foot elevated and am trying to stay in bed, but alas it's hot in our bedroom. The Outside temperature has reached 80º's today with winds blowing steady at 37 mph and gusts to 45 mph, note a day where I'd really want to be out of doors putting plants in the ground. So alas, I'm in the house vegging out watching HGTV getting some awesome idea on what I want to do to this house and our next house :-)

No comments: