INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 23, 2008

Organizing my Quilting Corner

Ever since my husband put the idea in my head, I've been thinking about how I'm going to go about getting my quilting corner organized. Being that I have stitches in my left foot and can not stand on it AT ALL makes it a little difficult to go up and down stairs never mind standing or walking across a room with an arm full of "stuff" from the armoiré.

The funny thing about all of this is that I took things out of my scrapbook nook and brought them upstairs to store IN the armoiré (before my foot surgery) as so I could make room for my sewing supplies and projects. Now that I have my sewing cabinet and how my darling husband suggested that I use the armoiré to house all of my sewing supplies...well it seems that it's all I can think about now. I need to get some packing paper today as so I can wrap up my china tea cups and tea pots and other decorative items and get them properly stored away. I started taking out all of my scrapbooks from the armoiré and have them ready to be taken back down stairs to my scrapbook nook. This does give me a bit of a laugh as I just moved them ALL upstairs a couple of days before my surgery and now I'm going to have to move them all back downstairs, LOL! I do want to have everything in a central location, it just makes good sense to do that. I'm going to make a skirt for the table that the Doll House is perched upon - yes so I can hide things under neath of it, things like my Serger and Hannah's sewing machine and my two containers of quilt batting. Now for me to get my little elves motivated to help me :-) I'll be taking pictures of my progress and show you how I've organized it all.

No comments: