INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, May 12, 2008

The South Dakota Wind

There's nothing like waking up at 3:30 am to...WIND! I've lived pretty much all over the continental United States and I can tell ya the wind here is ever present as in unending and never ceasing. The first thing I thought of was my pretty flowering plants that I set out yesterday to make our front porch look pretty for Mother's Day. I thought "oh crap, they're all going to be frozen and blown to bits". So I hobble out of bed (trust me the first steps in the morning are killer on my left foot). I go into the dining room to find out that the back door had been left open (screen door was closed though). I rescued my pretty hydrangea plants as they had been blown over by the wind. I was surprised to find it relatively warm, in the 50º range, but windy as all get out! The plants on the front porch look okay but will be in desperate need of a drink of water later on - you know, once the sun rises.

Today is going to be one of those days where my hair will look frazzled and freaked out no matter what I do to it. So I might as well surrender and braid it and just be done with it!

No comments: