INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dreaming in Color

Colors of Kona Cotton that is! I have a table runner pattern that I want to make in a bad way, but I could never find a floral patterned fabric that came in 4 different background colors (that's what the pattern called for). Then last night it hit me as I was going to bed, just do the entire project in solid colors better yet in the bright colors of Kona Cotton going along with the colors of my Fiesta-ware.

Okay I wake up and I have those same thoughts still very fresh in my head but with a twist. That I could make the blocks smaller and instead of a large 6x6 block of solid color that the 6x6 block would contain four 3x3 blocks of color. So the size of the finished project will be the same but the squares would be smaller and more of them. Needless to say I'm absolutely stoked on the idea of making this table runner! But being that it IS so early in the morning the quilt/fabric stores are not open this early, LOL! I've already got fat quarters in several different colors of Kona Cotton but am looking to have at least 12 different colors and all I need is 1/8 yard of each color...so if the fabric is about $5 a yard and all I need is 4½ inches of it which would cost me roughly 63¢ per color...oh yeah this is going to be FUN! I love buying little bits of fabric to make a quick project. It's funny how I woke up feeling so very excited about my idea of changing the block size and adding in more color to my little project. Now for me to check out which colors I have in my stash and to make a list of ones I want to buy to use on my project :D (that smile is me with me big grin).

No comments: