INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Coffee Bean accent wall

Here we go on painting an accent wall in the dining area...the color of choice is Coffee Bean. Here's the plant/basket ledge about the arched or barrel ceiling of the hallway. The walls were done with bull nose edges which makes it a little difficult to mask off and paint cleanly. Power Rollers- every household needs one!
Our daughter really gets into painting with her Dad. Here she is painting in outlets and switches.

Hannah has some "extra" paint in her little container and so she decided to give Sponge Bob and little friend.
When I stop and think that I only paid $5 for this gallon of premium paint and that I've got a rebate form to fill out to get my $5 back...that doing this was FREE- not too shabby! I got the paint from the mistint reject bin at Lowe's, it was just what I was looking for without the $25 a gallon price tag :-)
Bye bye Sponge Bob
Finished Wall...what a HUGE difference it has made! You now get the feel of how truly large the room is and how tall the ceilings are.
The view towards the sliding glass door, what a dramatic change- I love it! And now a straight on view of my pie cabinet, the Oak wood looks fantastic against the dark brown wall. Now to let the paint cure for 24 hours before hanging the artwork back on it. I know that there are some that will question me on this color choice thinking that it's too dark. But this room is flooded with natural sunlight during the day. At times the sun is so bright in this area of the house that I have to close the blinds or I'll get a major tension headache (eek). I have plans on painting accent walls in the formal dining area and down stairs in the family room.

No comments: