INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 02, 2008

Snow, snow and what? MORE SNOW!

Ice is at least 1 inch or more think on the North side of our house. The wind has been relentless and have been blowing nonstop since yesterday. Everything is white and I can't see out of most of the windows because of the ice on them. The glare is blinding so I'm hiding away in my office with the blinds closed. And today is one of those days where we're all wanting to be doing something to keep busy and to take our minds off of the horrible weather.

Last night my husband decided to do a paint test on the wall of the breakfast area to see how we liked it (see pictures).


There's nothing like Sponge Bob dipped in chocolate and splattered against the wall to add some humor to things eh?
Now comes the sad truth...never lend your tools to friends, especially your power painter! My husband has made the sad mistake twice now and well things never come back the way that you lent them. The power cord which was new at the time he loaned it is now wrapped in electrical tape to cover the cuts in it (yes, it's rather UNSAFE to use now). If that was us, we would have bought our friends a new power cord instead of sneaking in a botched patch job. The power painter- what a big mess! There's nothing like having to scrub something clean that was supposed to have been clean. That's it! No more lending things out, grrr! It's such a major disappointment to see that our friends didn't respect us enough to return our items (my husbands tools) in the same condition that we lent them in. I hope that they buy their own power painter because this baby is done being loaned out!

Now for me to move on and think about happier things...such as my Chocolate Brown wall. I want to have an accent wall and my darling husband is making it happen for me. I hope to have more pictures to share later on this afternoon.


No comments: