INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting Organized

My want and/or desire to organize my "quilting corner" has it's repercussions... What it means is that I have to re-organize two other spaces besides the one I really want to organize. My darling husband bought another shelf for the office/guest room closet, I/we need to pull some stuff out/move around in there to put the shelf unit in place. Since I'm unable to jot up and down stairs with any kind of ease, I need some "elves" to help me today. Yesterday was spent doing other things like changing oil in the kid mobile (aka my minivan), doctor appointment, thread shopping, going to the court house to get my temporary handicap parking permit, lunch, going to Menard's and spending time with my family watching a movie or two, LOL!

Now with our son going off with some friends to go hiking today (oh are they going to be wet and miserable) that leaves me with Hannah and Lucien. I wonder how much work I'm going to be able to get out of them. Usually those two like to be glued to their computers on Saturdays or glued to the television watching HGTV. It's raining cats and dogs for the 3rd straight day and it's just too darn muddy for them to work in my flower garden. They did manage to get a beautiful brick path put in before all of this torrential rain started. The down side of having my husband and daughter helping me is that then they will both know how much sewing and scrapbooking stuff I really do own...hmmmm. Oh to heck with it, Lucien already knows how much scrapbooking stuff I have from our move last year and I know that he has a pretty good idea of how much fabric I have now. I just want to have everything centrally located and I need their help. Sometimes I just have to suck it up, admit that I need help and just let them rag on me a bit for acquiring some much "stuff". But they know all too well that when they need something like a special tool or a certain kind of glue that chances are that I have it in my scrapbook nook. When my husband was installing the back splash in the kitchen he had to admit that my huge Olfa cutting mat came in very handy in helping him to do that project.

Since my two elves are still sleeping, I'll have to get started with some little stuff up stairs. I'll start by taking the "Before" pictures :-)

No comments: