INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Hawaiian Themed quilted tote bag

The day my husband bought me the beautiful sewing cabinet I also picked up a couple of pattern books (but I'm only going to talk about one of them right now). "Quilted Bags and Totes" by Denise Clason - what a fantastic book! I'm an organizing junkie and tote bags are one of my all time FAVORITE things. My Motto "a place for everything and everything in it's place". So once I saw this book I thought to myself- "how fantastic". This pattern is the first one in the book and I feel head over heels in love with it! This is also the pattern of tote bag that I'm going to make for my m-i-l to use as her knitting tote :-)


Here it is without handles. I went to bed early last night after completing the outer shell. I woke up in the middle of the night from a horrible nightmare and could not get back to sleep. So I started working on the lining. I cut the fabric, pinned, sewed, ironed and ironed some more and sewed some more. I cut and made binding for the top edge, sewed it on and then did the finishing edge with hand sewing.
Here is the lining with pockets. I changed the pocket sizes from the ones used in the pattern as I'm giving this to my girlfriend to use as a diaper bag.
And this is it...the finished product!

2 comments:

Denise Clason Studios said...

Hi Sandie, what a great job you did on the tote bag! I have a "google alert" that tells me when my book titles show up on the web, and that is how I found your blog. I love the colors you chose and you did an excellent job! If you want to join my quilting group, you can post the photo of your tote on the website and join the rest of us in some quilting conversation!

go to my website and click on join denise's quilting group! http://www.deniseclason.com

We'd love it if you joined us!
happy quilting! Denise

Sandie said...

oh this is so seriously COOL! Thanks Denise!