INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Honey Do projects

I love going to Lowe's and it's even better when I'm there with my husband :-) We're going to be working on a couple more home improvement projects. First up, a back-splash for the kitchen , something to accent the appliances and counter tops. We've been going back and forth on this for a year now...not knowing what we want to do. Then we saw one of those home improvement/remodeling shows on HGTV and knew that THAT was what we wanted for our kitchen, but the challenge was finding the product locally. Okay, so now we've found what we were looking for and now to get it installed. The second project is to paint another accent wall, this time in the formal dining room. Yes, it's another rich and deeply relaxing color. This is very opposite of the colors I had on the walls of our little cottage on base, those colors reminded me greatly of Sherbet ice cream.

With my husband doing all of this hard work I better make some plans on making some of his favorite meals...and of course his favorite dessert classic New York Cheesecake! We haven't had lasagna in ages, looks like this will be a good meal to make for Mother's Day!

I've decided on the All American theme for the guest room/home office. I had been between two different themes, on the standard red, white and blue and the other a tone on tone beige and tan sea shell beach theme. Being that we are military and I have a lot of Americana stuff I might as well go with the patriotic stuff. When we go to sell this house in a couple of years some people might not understand my obsession with the ocean when we live smack dab in the middle of the US and just a couple of miles away from an Air Force Base. Now to get the curtain rod up, and to get some valances hung up in here!

No comments: