INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, May 02, 2008

can you say Blizzard?

Who would have known that we'd be having such horrible weather as this in MAY? The Base is closed, the schools are closed, I-90 is closed from Wall to Wyoming....it's an official SNOW Day in May! Checking out the Weather Channel on line and the little box says "blizzard", nice! Wind blowing steady at 50 mph with gusts into the 60's...and it's MAY! I say lets turn up the heat and pretend that we're in the tropics, LOL!

My son has his best friend over and the young man spent the night...I told him (my son's B/F) that we're expecting blizzard like conditions and if we run out of food and have to be like the Donner Party then we eat HIM first. The expression on that child's face and his "what???" (I swear that his voice cracked when he said that) said it all for me, I had totally caught this child off guard and I was laughing my head off. When he realized that I was joking he too started laughing.

I've got enough food to make it through the weekend...not sure about the milk though (down to 1 gallon). At least our son has his best friend for company, now for my other two...I'm sure that they'll be on the computer as soon as I step away from it. Needless to day there will be no outdoor grilling for me today, LOL! On the positive side, our seasonal allergies will not be bothering us- no runny noses from pollen today!

No comments: