INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Can you say Honu?

When we vacationed in Hawaii a couple of years ago our daughter Hannah feel in love with the Honu- green Hawaiian sea turtle. So where am I going with this right? I bought a quilt pattern that has 3-d turtles on it. When I was in the little quilt shop in Spearfish they had this batik fabric that has the petroglyphic Honu all over it. I've been hemming and hawing about that fabric. The quilting store Quilt Corral Too in Rapid city has the MOST batik fabrics I've ever seen in one location but alas they do not have the one with the petroglyphic Honu batik. I've been thinking about calling the store and having them ship it to me (it's a hour trip 1 way). And with the price of gas these days, it'll be cheaper to just ship it to me than for me to drive up there and back.

So you're wondering what's up with the Sea Turtle quilt, well I want to use it as a wall hanging. I have a bare area in the formal dining room that would be perfect for displaying lap quilts. And I've been thinking about making some in different themes to go with the month of season. I get giddy with excitement just thinking about my idea of displaying a different quilted wall hanging for every season or month.

Once my sewing machine cabinet arrives I'll be able to take some of my sewing stuffs out of my Scrapbook Nook. Then I can get back into some serious hard core scrapbooking sessions without having to relocate my sewing machines. The new cabinet arrives tomorrow, I can hardly wait!

No comments: