INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Creative Corner

Here's my "Creative Corner". Here you see the area that my sewing cabinet will be situated in. It's next to the large window in the formal dining room. It's so pretty! I love it! And it's solid Oak, so it'll be able to handle a move across country!
The doors to the cabinet slide inwards and out of the way. Here you see my Janome sewing machine on the lift that hides it away when not in use.
The top view shows the cut away area that can pop out and where the sewing machine comes up on the lift. By putting this piece in place makes this look very much like a cabinet. I plan on making a table runner wide enough to cover to top so no one will know what really is inside.With the top portion removed you can see my machine hiding inside.
The clear acrylic extension table is on order. By having that piece I'll be able to work on my sewing with the machine at table level and not as it looks now- on top of the table. It'll make for much easier sewing of quilts and clothing. Can you tell what this project is?
How about now? It's a free quilting pattern that I got from the internet from www.freepatterns.com, it's called Hospitality Pineapple and you can find it in the wall hanging section with many other terrific FREE quilting patterns.
This little wall hanging is chuck full of triangles and I found it challenging. If you really look at this piece you can tell I need more practice in piecing and sewing triangles. I love it with all of it's imperfections.
My next little project is what I call a "quick fix" :-) All it takes to make this is 2 fat quarters and 3/8 yard of heavyweight nonfusible interfacing. This is another one of my FREE patterns that I found on the internet. This one is called "holiday gift bag" and can be found at the site www.allpeoplequilt.com. Imagine making these little bags for friends and having little goodies tucked inside- I know that any one of my girlfriends would squeal with excitement at receiving a gift bag like this one! This bag is the perfect size to use as a gift bag or lunch tote. Just tuck some handmade cards or stationary inside, a pretty ink pen and a book of stamps and there you have it- the perfect going away gift!





No comments: