INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, May 26, 2008

Organizing my quilting/sewing corner

Okay I know, I'm an organizing junkie- always have been always will be. So here I have done the deed and it's here in all it's glory (I'll also be putting pictures on on my webshots site).


Here it is, my sewing cabinet with the extension up...isn't it huge? It's such an awesome working area!
My top drawer with little odds and ends
Here you see the top and bottom portions of the armoiré. My fabric stash neatly folded and grouped by color family and theme. My fat quarters are kept neat and tidy in clear plastic containers. I popped some threads on the wooden rack and stuck them to hide a large bare spot in the armoiré (oh how silly of me). The other plastic containers on the top shelf have cut pieces ready to be sewn together for 3 different baby quilts (I'm one of those anal organized people, I can't help it). And if you don't think I'm anal let me show you that I am...all of the fabric you see has been washed, dried and ironed and is ready to be cut and made into various quilting and sewing projects. The lower area top shelf has projects packaged together with fabric and patterns that need to be cut and sewn. First box on the bottom shelf- quilt top ready to be quilted, 2nd box fabric for clothing (I'm going to be making skirts in the next couple of weeks) and the 3nd box has more quilt batting (see top shelf for even MORE quilt batting). I also can put my quilting rulers on the lower shelf. I don't have as much fabric as many quilters do, but it's enough for me to play with and have fun with. For me its not about amassing a huge fabric stash but to actually make stuff with my fabric. Which reminds me...time to finish sewing on another quilting label on another finished project!

2 comments:

Stamping Ideas With Peg said...

Wow, Sandie! Great organizational skills-Your cabinet is so cool! You are so energetic--keep up the great work!

Sandie said...

being confined to ones house during recovery from foot surgery has left me restless...I've got to have something to keep me busy :)